One of the most challenging scenarios for a family is the need for a restraining order, or protective order, which protects an individual from being physically or sexually abused, harassed, threatened or stalked by another person. Sometimes other members of the family or household are included in the protective order in an effort to ensure the safety of everyone. Our attorneys can prepare agreements for different types of restraining orders, including:
- Personal Conduct Order — Stops the restrained person from doing certain physical acts like contacting, attacking, threatening, harassing and stalking the protected individual.
- Stay-Away Orders — Keeps the restrained person a certain distance away from the protected person’s work, home, vehicle and, if applicable, child’s school/child care location.
- Residence Exclusion (“Kick-Out” or “Move-Out”) Orders — Enforces that the restrained person moves out of where the protected person lives, asking that they only take their clothing and personal belongings until the court hearing. Can only be requested in elder/dependent adult abuse or domestic violence cases.
Similarly, restraining orders can make life very difficult for both parties, including the restrained person who will be limited in their whereabouts, possibly his/her ability to see children and maybe even his/her immigration status. Our international family law attorneys are well versed in preparing and enforcing agreements for the different types of orders, which include:
- Domestic Violence Restraining Order
- Elder or Dependent Adult Abuse Restraining Order
- Workplace Violence Restraining Order
- Civil Harassment Restraining Order
Ideal Legal Group’s international divorce lawyers are advocates for the safety of women and children. Divorce proceedings are overwhelming enough. When abuse of any kind is involved, the situation can be devastating for the victim and child. Having a professional who understands the complexity of these laws can help families through this process. Contact us for a free consultation at (626) 569-1882 or firstname.lastname@example.org.